Thursday, January 31, 2008

Playing With Color



I am usually pretty bummy on Wednesdays. I do salvation Army runs in the morning, work 2 shows at the Hilton (sometimes with a Salvation Army run between shows) and by the end of the night I am exhausted.
This Wednesday I was only doing the Matinee and felt like doing something fun. I just have too many pairs of tights to not wear at least 1 pair a week.
My friend Danielle and I went out for Sushi after My thrid Salvation Army excursion for the day.
Find of the day? Diane Von Furstenbeg Capri pants for $1.

Dress-Marshalls? (I don't remember)
Boots and sweater - Salvation Army
Socks - Sock Dreams
Tights - Conways
Scarf - Swap
Bag - H&M




Today I wanted to wear the new 1960's boots I traded for at Beacons Closet last week. I also wanted to wear my new pink hat. I randomly picked all the other pieces of my outfit.
My Marc by Marc Jacobs tote is the perfect Gym bag!

H&M jeans and shirt -Salvation Army
Boots-Vintage from Beacons Closet
Hat and Sweater -Swap
Bag- Marc Jacobs Store

I also forgot to mention I went to THRIFTOn! a big swap held at a bar in SoHo. When I got there a girl recognized me from my blog and introduced herself! I felt famous!
If you are out there I forgot your name! comment here! You are my favorite!

My pink hat and blue scarf came from that swap. I also came away with some Marc Jacobs flats, an American Apparel over-sized cardigan, and an electric blue mini skirt. I'm sure all these items will make their debut soon!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

For some reason, I love the combination of royal blue and black! You wore the two so well! I love that outfit and am compelled to work something similar in the future.

Meghann E said...

Thanks!
It's always tricky with blue and black but I'd rather experiment and get it wrong then play it safe

Anonymous said...

Those outfits are crazy cute.

I just started a blog so add me if you wish

have a wonderful day

Camilla said...

Love that colour!!!

Sydney said...

www.sydneyspeel.blogspot.com

trade links ?

Economy of Style said...

Love both looks. The first is especially chic!